Innotribe names New York contenders for Sibos showdown
Innotribe, the Swift-backed initiative to enable collaborative innovation in financial services, has announced the names of the five contenders from the US leg of its annual Startup Challenge to compete at Sibos 2013 in Dubai in September.
The five were picked from a field of 14 – nine early-stage start-ups and five growth-stage innovators – to an audience of angels, VC’s and decision makers at Swift’s offices in Times Square last week.
The three early-stage start-up finalists are:
- P2P Cash, a secure mobile platform that lowers money transfer cost to zero by using SWIFT standards to allow cash to be sent or received from any mobile wallet or bank account worldwide.
- Realty Mogul, an innovative web platform that allows investors to browse, screen and sign rare real estate opportunities that have been historically difficult to access.
- XYverify, a virtually “invisible” mobile payment authentication solution that protects consumers, merchants and financial institutions from identity theft and transaction-related breaches.
The two growth-stage innovator finalists are:
- Quantum4d, visual analytic software that allows users to access large-scale data systems, and construct, edit and explore interlinked 3D arenas and workspaces intuitively.
- The Entrepreneurial Finance Lab, an automated service that has helped companies and lenders in more than 20 countries to identify high potential, credit-worthy entrepreneurs based on a psychometric system, while reducing their default rates and risks.
Matteo Rizzi, co-founder at Innotribe said: “This year’s New York Showcase featured start-ups that are poised to become the future of the financial industry. The pitches were very engaging and the finalists should be proud of their accomplishments. Now in the second full year of the Startup Challenge, we are excited to see how our network of industry professionals has grown, enabling us to offer a much needed platform for these great emerging businesses. We wish all of the finalists luck as they compete at Sibos Dubai in September.”
The New York Startup Challenge was sponsored by HP, Invest NI, Level39 and Sberbank.
More information about the Startup Challenge, including the New York semi-finalists, is available at http://innotribe.com/2013-startup-challenge/.