Companies on the Move: Blackhawk Network, Hawk Awards
Blackhawk Network Inc. has announced the winners of its 10th annual Hawk Awards, which recognize the prepaid industry’s most innovative leaders. Category winners received awards in front of more than 500 attendees at the 2016 Hawk Awards gala on May 5, 2016, during the Blackhawk Network Summit in San Antonio, Texas. The following organizations were among those recognized:
- Industry Achievement: Chase, for its Chase Freedom Mobile App, which enables its credit card holders to have their cash back rewards with them to redeem directly at checkout at 40 merchants.
- Industry Innovation: Stockpile/Multi Packaging Solutions/TDC INSTORE, for launching an innovative card on carrier product.
- Best Overall Prepaid Program: Ahold, for boosting sales and revitalizing their prepaid program with robust marketing programs, including featuring gift cards in weekly ads and installing new gift card fixtures in 2015.
- Best Promotional Program – Small Company: Gift Card Impressions, for bringing meaningful gifting solutions in packaging to consumers.
- Best Promotional Program – Large Company, GAP Inc.: for partnering with Albertson’s/Safeway to implement a robust marketing plan utilizing its “Just For U” platform, which resulted in strong year-over-year sales growth.
- Best Card Design: The Cheesecake Factory, for launching a new wrap packaging design to maximize the gift card carrier real estate and emphasize its brand.
- Best Omnichannel Program: Kroger: for connecting its best customers and card partners using an omnichannel
- Best International Program: Sport Chek, for partnering with retailers to develop strategic marketing plans during back-to-school season to drive incremental sales growth in 2015.