New global fintech group for standardisation launches
The International Standards Organisation (ISO) Financial Services Committee (TC/68) has unveiled its new global committee, the Fintech Technical Advisory Group (TAG), to act as a sounding board for data and technology standards.
The group’s goal is to establish a “proactive dialogue” with financial institutions, their regulators, and supply chain and fintech firm.
TAG’s objectives are to:
- Work with fintechs, including public sector bodies, and ISO to fill gaps and educate;
- Promote adoption and implementation of consistent standards;
- Address common issues collectively and consistently;
- Encourage communication and information sharing for financial services standards.
It says new committee members are selected based on their expertise in emerging fintech innovations and their “extensive knowledge” of global regulatory standards. The confirmed TAG leadership team is:
- Stephan Wolf, co-chair, CEO of the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF)
- Nick Cliff, co-chair head of emerging technology, APCA
- PJ Di Giammarino, secretary, CEO JWG-IT Group.
In a duet, Wolf and Cliff say TAG will offer a “platform for the collaboration of internationally-renowned experts in innovative areas such as identity solutions and exchange of regulatory data”.
TAG’s priorities and plans will be discussed at the upcoming TC/68 plenary meeting which will take place in May in Rio.