FinovateEurope 2018: Best of Show winners announced
If there is one theme that unites all of the FinovateEurope Best of Show winners this year, that theme may be summed up in one word: data, writes David Penn at Finovate.
As Finovate’s senior research analyst Julie Muhn pointed out during a recent conversation, the ability to leverage data to create more meaningful, more personalised, more secure experiences for consumers of financial services underlies much of the innovation that we see not just on the Finovate stage, but across fintech writ large, as well.
In this way, fintech is turning the old adage – it’s not what you know, it’s who you know – on its head. The connections between us and the things we do, the places we go, the transactions we make, are in many ways the Holy Grail for companies that are constantly seeking out better ways to serve us. And for those companies that do win our trust and gain access to what we know and do, the rewards could not be greater.
With this in mind, we present to you a small sample of those companies that may be best positioned to take advantage of this Golden Age of Data: the Best of Show winners of FinovateEurope 2018.
- Backbase for its Customer OS, the next generation of the Backbase Digital Banking Platform, which is laser-focused on providing customer-first journeys.
- Be-IQ for its holistic and gamified approach to risk profiling and financial well-being that accounts for the very contradictions that make us human: our behaviours.
- Crealogix for its customer banking platform, Gravity, which is breaking new ground with its intuitive and user-friendly, self-service insights application.
- iProov for its liveness-protected, facial biometric authentication technology which is fully-automated for fast, easy and ultra-secure mobile and PC onboarding.
- Meniga for its digital banking solution that helps banks around the world use data to personalise digital channels and drive customer engagement.
- Microblink for its real-time, retail receipt scanner for mobile apps, BlinkReceipt, and its SDK which provides extraction of all purchase data from retail receipts in real time.
- W.UP for its digital banking sales and engagement solution that uses pre-built customer insights to build relevant, personalised, and timely interactions with clients.